“Honesty, Integrity and High Ethical Standards Set Boynton Law Apart”
In the legal profession, maintaining a reputation for unyielding honesty and integrity requires hard work and constant vigilance on the part of attorneys. The American Bar Association (ABA) sets forth the guidelines to which law firms and lawyers should adhere to ensure the highest possible ethical standards.
Some of the key elements of the ABA Model Rules of Professional Conduct include the following:
- Attorneys should provide competent and appropriate services for their clients.
- They should consult with and abide by the decisions of their clients throughout the legal process.
- Lawyers should maintain clear lines of communication to ensure that all elements of in-court and out-of-court proceedings are passed on and understood by clients. This includes providing information and offering detailed explanations of complex legal terms when necessary.
- Fees should be reasonable and should be discussed with clients before an agreement for representation is reached.
- Due diligence is required to ensure that clients receive the best possible support and representation for their cases.
- Attorneys must maintain strict client confidentiality unless divulging information is necessary to prevent the commission of a crime that would present significant financial or physical dangers to others.
- Conflicts of interest involving current or former clients should be avoided.
The state of Florida adopted these ABA standards for ethics on July 17, 1986; they now serve as the basis for the Florida Rules of Professional Conduct listed in Chapter Four and Five of the Rules Regulating the Florida Bar.
At Boynton Law, we are committed to fair and honest dealings on behalf of our clients. The integrity and reliability of our entire legal team ensures that we can provide solid support at every stage of the process from first consultation to final settlement or decision. We put our talents on the line to deliver effective and responsive representation for each client we represent and maintain the high standards required by the ABA and the Florida court system. Boynton Law was established to honor the high standards of honesty, integrity and fair dealings demonstrated by Nathan Boynton, the founder of Boynton Beach and a statesman in his own right. By selecting our team to represent your case in court, you can ensure the best representation and the most positive outcome possible for your legal situation.